15 killed in Indonesia multi-vehicle road accident
Jakarta (Indonesia): Police say at least 15 people were killed in a multiple-vehicle accident on Indonesia`s main Java island.
Twelve people were killed instantly in yesterday`s collision, which involved a passenger bus, a car and three motorcycles in the Central Java district of Banyumas. Three others died in a hospital.
Local police chief Lt. Col. Dwiyono said today that the bus was carrying 25 passengers from the Banyumas capital of Purwokerto to Solo town, and hit the four vehicles while trying to overrun another car. The bus and the four vehicles fell into a 5-meter-deep ravine.
It was the worst road accident in Indonesia during the Muslim celebration of Eid-al-Fitr.
National police said 471 people had died in accidents across the country during the annual holiday exodus through yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!