15 killed in Indonesia multi-vehicle road accident
Jakarta (Indonesia): Police say at least 15 people were killed in a multiple-vehicle accident on Indonesia`s main Java island.
Twelve people were killed instantly in yesterday`s collision, which involved a passenger bus, a car and three motorcycles in the Central Java district of Banyumas. Three others died in a hospital.
Local police chief Lt. Col. Dwiyono said today that the bus was carrying 25 passengers from the Banyumas capital of Purwokerto to Solo town, and hit the four vehicles while trying to overrun another car. The bus and the four vehicles fell into a 5-meter-deep ravine.
It was the worst road accident in Indonesia during the Muslim celebration of Eid-al-Fitr.
National police said 471 people had died in accidents across the country during the annual holiday exodus through yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah