15 killed in Iraq bombings
Baghdad: Bomb attacks in central Iraq killed
at least 15 people and wounded more than 20 on Saturday, security
officials and a doctor said.
The latest bombings came two days after triple blasts
killed 19 people in the southern port city of Basra.
In the first attack, bombs on each side of the main road
from Abu Ghraib, west of Baghdad, to Fallujah hit a truck
carrying construction workers, First Lieutenant Omar Zawbai of
the Abu Ghraib police told agency.
Dr Omar Delli of Fallujah Hospital said "the hospital
received seven bodies and seven wounded," two of whom later
An interior ministry official put the casualty toll at
eight dead and 13 wounded from the Abu Ghraib attack.
The official also said three bombs exploded in the Baab
al-Sharqi area of central Baghdad, killing seven people and
wounding 28 others.
A defence ministry official put the toll from the Baghdad
blasts at eight dead and 16 wounded.
Three bombs exploded in Basra on Thursday, killing 19
people, including high-ranking army and police officers, and
wounding at least 65.
Basra provincial council sacked three top security
officers the next day.
Violence has declined nationwide since its peak in 2006
and 2007, but attacks remain common. A total of 258 people
were killed in October, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in