15 killed in Ivory Coast villages near Liberia
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): Ivory Coast`s defense
minister says armed men from Liberia have attacked villages
along the border, killing 15 people.
Paul Koffi Koffi said today that the violence began
yesterday night in the country`s southwest.
The region has seen violence even after the resolution of
Ivory Coast`s bloody political crisis earlier this year.
Human Rights Watch said Saturday that researchers also had
documented a similar attack back in July that left at least
eight people dead.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo`s refusal to cede power
after losing a November poll plunged the country into months
of violence that killed thousands. Gbagbo was arrested in
April by forces loyal to now President Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India