15 killed in Ivory Coast villages near Liberia
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): Ivory Coast`s defense
minister says armed men from Liberia have attacked villages
along the border, killing 15 people.
Paul Koffi Koffi said today that the violence began
yesterday night in the country`s southwest.
The region has seen violence even after the resolution of
Ivory Coast`s bloody political crisis earlier this year.
Human Rights Watch said Saturday that researchers also had
documented a similar attack back in July that left at least
eight people dead.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo`s refusal to cede power
after losing a November poll plunged the country into months
of violence that killed thousands. Gbagbo was arrested in
April by forces loyal to now President Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi