15 killed in Ivory Coast villages near Liberia
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): Ivory Coast`s defense
minister says armed men from Liberia have attacked villages
along the border, killing 15 people.
Paul Koffi Koffi said today that the violence began
yesterday night in the country`s southwest.
The region has seen violence even after the resolution of
Ivory Coast`s bloody political crisis earlier this year.
Human Rights Watch said Saturday that researchers also had
documented a similar attack back in July that left at least
eight people dead.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo`s refusal to cede power
after losing a November poll plunged the country into months
of violence that killed thousands. Gbagbo was arrested in
April by forces loyal to now President Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah