15 killed in Ivory Coast villages near Liberia
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): Ivory Coast`s defense
minister says armed men from Liberia have attacked villages
along the border, killing 15 people.
Paul Koffi Koffi said today that the violence began
yesterday night in the country`s southwest.
The region has seen violence even after the resolution of
Ivory Coast`s bloody political crisis earlier this year.
Human Rights Watch said Saturday that researchers also had
documented a similar attack back in July that left at least
eight people dead.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo`s refusal to cede power
after losing a November poll plunged the country into months
of violence that killed thousands. Gbagbo was arrested in
April by forces loyal to now President Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon