15 killed in Ivory Coast villages near Liberia
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): Ivory Coast`s defense
minister says armed men from Liberia have attacked villages
along the border, killing 15 people.
Paul Koffi Koffi said today that the violence began
yesterday night in the country`s southwest.
The region has seen violence even after the resolution of
Ivory Coast`s bloody political crisis earlier this year.
Human Rights Watch said Saturday that researchers also had
documented a similar attack back in July that left at least
eight people dead.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo`s refusal to cede power
after losing a November poll plunged the country into months
of violence that killed thousands. Gbagbo was arrested in
April by forces loyal to now President Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Malegaon blasts: Special NIA court rejects bail plea of Sadhvi Pragya
- Bengaluru's first woman taxi driver found dead, no suicide note found
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here
- Dubai, Hong Kong and Malaysia will also get a taste of India's Amrapali mango
- Tata Communications to sell subsidiary Neotel for Rs 2,904 crore