15 militants killed in Army raid in Egypt`s Sinai: Sources
Cairo: At least 15 militants were killed Tuesday in two air strikes launched by the Egyptian Army on hideouts of Jihadist militants in North Sinai governorate bordering Israel, a local security source told Xinhua.
Apache helicopters targeted Al Gourah and Mouqatah villages in Sheikh Zuwaid city and Mahdiah village in Rafah city, the source said, adding more than 50 missiles were launched during the operation.
According to sources, the Army stormed 12 houses, arrested three militants and destroyed five arms storehouses.
Security forces have intensified operations in the Sinai peninsula as the security conditions have deteriorated since the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video