15 militants killed in Army raid in Egypt`s Sinai: Sources
Cairo: At least 15 militants were killed Tuesday in two air strikes launched by the Egyptian Army on hideouts of Jihadist militants in North Sinai governorate bordering Israel, a local security source told Xinhua.
Apache helicopters targeted Al Gourah and Mouqatah villages in Sheikh Zuwaid city and Mahdiah village in Rafah city, the source said, adding more than 50 missiles were launched during the operation.
According to sources, the Army stormed 12 houses, arrested three militants and destroyed five arms storehouses.
Security forces have intensified operations in the Sinai peninsula as the security conditions have deteriorated since the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?