15 militants killed in Army raid in Egypt`s Sinai: Sources
Cairo: At least 15 militants were killed Tuesday in two air strikes launched by the Egyptian Army on hideouts of Jihadist militants in North Sinai governorate bordering Israel, a local security source told Xinhua.
Apache helicopters targeted Al Gourah and Mouqatah villages in Sheikh Zuwaid city and Mahdiah village in Rafah city, the source said, adding more than 50 missiles were launched during the operation.
According to sources, the Army stormed 12 houses, arrested three militants and destroyed five arms storehouses.
Security forces have intensified operations in the Sinai peninsula as the security conditions have deteriorated since the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'