15 militants killed in Army raid in Egypt`s Sinai: Sources
Cairo: At least 15 militants were killed Tuesday in two air strikes launched by the Egyptian Army on hideouts of Jihadist militants in North Sinai governorate bordering Israel, a local security source told Xinhua.
Apache helicopters targeted Al Gourah and Mouqatah villages in Sheikh Zuwaid city and Mahdiah village in Rafah city, the source said, adding more than 50 missiles were launched during the operation.
According to sources, the Army stormed 12 houses, arrested three militants and destroyed five arms storehouses.
Security forces have intensified operations in the Sinai peninsula as the security conditions have deteriorated since the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145