15 militants killed in Army raid in Egypt`s Sinai: Sources
Cairo: At least 15 militants were killed Tuesday in two air strikes launched by the Egyptian Army on hideouts of Jihadist militants in North Sinai governorate bordering Israel, a local security source told Xinhua.
Apache helicopters targeted Al Gourah and Mouqatah villages in Sheikh Zuwaid city and Mahdiah village in Rafah city, the source said, adding more than 50 missiles were launched during the operation.
According to sources, the Army stormed 12 houses, arrested three militants and destroyed five arms storehouses.
Security forces have intensified operations in the Sinai peninsula as the security conditions have deteriorated since the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living