150,000 mass for funerals near Syrian capital
Nicosia: Funerals in Douma near the Syrian
capital drew more than 150,000 people on Monday, marking the
largest expression of mourning in the protest hub since an
uprising against President Bashar al-Assad began in March,
The processions accompanied the bodies of 12 people
killed in the past three days, including three who died in
detention, and gathered the "largest number of mourners in
Douma since the start of the uprising," the Syrian Observatory
for Human Rights said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj