16 dead, 14 wounded in Baghdad attacks
Baghdad: Sixteen people, including nine
security force members, were killed and 14 wounded on Thursday in a
string of attacks in the Iraqi capital`s Sunni district of
Al-Adhamiyah, the interior ministry said.
Assailants set ablaze the bodies of three soldiers in
Al-Adhamiyah after shooting them dead, the ministry said.
Three homemade bomb attacks on different routes to the
scene of the shooting killed 13 more people, including three
soldiers and three policemen, and wounded 14, among them seven
police and two civil defence members, it said.
The ministry said the attacks all took place within a
15-minute time frame.
Also on today, three soldiers were killed and 12
wounded when an insurgent detonated a car bomb near an army
base in Al-Sharqat, 300 kilometres north of Baghdad in
Salaheddin province, a police officer said.
And in the former rebel bastion of Fallujah, west of
the capital, one soldier was killed and five people were
wounded, including three soldiers, by a bomb on a parked
motorcycle near an army checkpoint, an army officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok