16 dead, 14 wounded in Baghdad attacks
Baghdad: Sixteen people, including nine
security force members, were killed and 14 wounded on Thursday in a
string of attacks in the Iraqi capital`s Sunni district of
Al-Adhamiyah, the interior ministry said.
Assailants set ablaze the bodies of three soldiers in
Al-Adhamiyah after shooting them dead, the ministry said.
Three homemade bomb attacks on different routes to the
scene of the shooting killed 13 more people, including three
soldiers and three policemen, and wounded 14, among them seven
police and two civil defence members, it said.
The ministry said the attacks all took place within a
15-minute time frame.
Also on today, three soldiers were killed and 12
wounded when an insurgent detonated a car bomb near an army
base in Al-Sharqat, 300 kilometres north of Baghdad in
Salaheddin province, a police officer said.
And in the former rebel bastion of Fallujah, west of
the capital, one soldier was killed and five people were
wounded, including three soldiers, by a bomb on a parked
motorcycle near an army checkpoint, an army officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city