16 injured in German train collision
Berlin: A passenger train ploughed into a derailed freight train in northern Germany late Wednesday, leaving 16 people injured, one of them seriously, police said.
The regional passenger train carrying 66 people collided with a derailed wagon of the freight train at about 11:30 pm (2130 GMT) near the town of Peine in Lower Saxony state, Hanover police spokesman Uwe Borchers said Thursday.
The driver of the passenger train was seriously injured while seven people needed hospital treatment.
Five of the freight train`s wagons had derailed and one of them turned over onto a line reserved for passenger trains. The passenger train then ploughed into the wagon, and its locomotive and two carriages were derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath