16 injured in German train collision
Berlin: A passenger train ploughed into a derailed freight train in northern Germany late Wednesday, leaving 16 people injured, one of them seriously, police said.
The regional passenger train carrying 66 people collided with a derailed wagon of the freight train at about 11:30 pm (2130 GMT) near the town of Peine in Lower Saxony state, Hanover police spokesman Uwe Borchers said Thursday.
The driver of the passenger train was seriously injured while seven people needed hospital treatment.
Five of the freight train`s wagons had derailed and one of them turned over onto a line reserved for passenger trains. The passenger train then ploughed into the wagon, and its locomotive and two carriages were derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state