16 injured in German train collision
Berlin: A passenger train ploughed into a derailed freight train in northern Germany late Wednesday, leaving 16 people injured, one of them seriously, police said.
The regional passenger train carrying 66 people collided with a derailed wagon of the freight train at about 11:30 pm (2130 GMT) near the town of Peine in Lower Saxony state, Hanover police spokesman Uwe Borchers said Thursday.
The driver of the passenger train was seriously injured while seven people needed hospital treatment.
Five of the freight train`s wagons had derailed and one of them turned over onto a line reserved for passenger trains. The passenger train then ploughed into the wagon, and its locomotive and two carriages were derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan