16 injured in German train collision
Berlin: A passenger train ploughed into a derailed freight train in northern Germany late Wednesday, leaving 16 people injured, one of them seriously, police said.
The regional passenger train carrying 66 people collided with a derailed wagon of the freight train at about 11:30 pm (2130 GMT) near the town of Peine in Lower Saxony state, Hanover police spokesman Uwe Borchers said Thursday.
The driver of the passenger train was seriously injured while seven people needed hospital treatment.
Five of the freight train`s wagons had derailed and one of them turned over onto a line reserved for passenger trains. The passenger train then ploughed into the wagon, and its locomotive and two carriages were derailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi