16 killed in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least 16 people were killed and 32 wounded in violent attacks witnessed in different parts of Iraq Monday, police said.
Six people were killed and 14 wounded in a roadside bomb attack near a popular cafe in the Arab Jubur area in southern Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
Another roadside bomb went off near a medical clinic in the Abu Ghraib area, killing two people and injuring five, he added.
Five people, including a soldier and a policeman, were killed and four wounded in two separate attacks in the Saladin province north of Baghdad, the police source said.
Two policemen were killed and one was wounded in an attack on a police checkpoint in Fallujah, 50 km from Baghdad, he said, adding that one civilian was killed and another injured when a roadside bomb struck their car in a village, 20 km west of Fallujah city.
In Diyala province, a total of seven people were wounded in three separate attacks, the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday