16 killed in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least 16 people were killed and 32 wounded in violent attacks witnessed in different parts of Iraq Monday, police said.
Six people were killed and 14 wounded in a roadside bomb attack near a popular cafe in the Arab Jubur area in southern Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
Another roadside bomb went off near a medical clinic in the Abu Ghraib area, killing two people and injuring five, he added.
Five people, including a soldier and a policeman, were killed and four wounded in two separate attacks in the Saladin province north of Baghdad, the police source said.
Two policemen were killed and one was wounded in an attack on a police checkpoint in Fallujah, 50 km from Baghdad, he said, adding that one civilian was killed and another injured when a roadside bomb struck their car in a village, 20 km west of Fallujah city.
In Diyala province, a total of seven people were wounded in three separate attacks, the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read