16 killed in tribal violence in Kenya: Red Cross
Nairobi: Kenya`s Red Cross says that at least 16 people were killed and more than 20 wounded in Kenya`s north during inter-clan clashes.
The violence took place on Sunday in Mandera County at a camp that hosts internally displaced people. Violence has been ongoing for three days between ethnic Somali clans.
Adan Keynan, a member of Parliament, said the government must send more police to stem the violence.
A police officer blamed the violence on politics. One clan feels it was left out of elective posts after Kenya`s March election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31