16 workers rescued from collapsed tunnel in China
Beijing: Sixteen workers, trapped in a collapsed expressway tunnel in east China`s Jiangxi Province for more than 40 hours, were rescued Tuesday.
The trapped men had all been rescued and confirmed to be in stable conditions with no injuries, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
They have been sent to a local hospital for further physical examinations.
The tunnel, which was under construction at the time of the accident, collapsed on Sunday in Longnan County, Ganzhou.
About 250 rescuers in five teams were sent to the site of the accident.
The tunnel is part of a 3,429-km expressway stretching from northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province to south China`s Guangdong Province.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed