16 workers rescued from collapsed tunnel in China
Beijing: Sixteen workers, trapped in a collapsed expressway tunnel in east China`s Jiangxi Province for more than 40 hours, were rescued Tuesday.
The trapped men had all been rescued and confirmed to be in stable conditions with no injuries, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
They have been sent to a local hospital for further physical examinations.
The tunnel, which was under construction at the time of the accident, collapsed on Sunday in Longnan County, Ganzhou.
About 250 rescuers in five teams were sent to the site of the accident.
The tunnel is part of a 3,429-km expressway stretching from northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province to south China`s Guangdong Province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH