17 Brazilian policemen arrested for murder
Sao Paulo: 17 police officers from the Sao Paulo state police department in Brazil have been arrested on charges of murdering at least 23 people during April 17-26.
The murders were allegedly committed in retaliation for the killing in April of a police officer in Guaruja resort city, the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper said in a report.
The 17 policemen arrested during the weekend have pushed the total of officers arrested in connection with the case to 22, prosecutors said.
The officers, who have not been identified, will be questioned by investigators and turned over to prosecutors if there appears to be a case against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack