17 Brazilian policemen arrested for murder
Sao Paulo: 17 police officers from the Sao Paulo state police department in Brazil have been arrested on charges of murdering at least 23 people during April 17-26.
The murders were allegedly committed in retaliation for the killing in April of a police officer in Guaruja resort city, the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper said in a report.
The 17 policemen arrested during the weekend have pushed the total of officers arrested in connection with the case to 22, prosecutors said.
The officers, who have not been identified, will be questioned by investigators and turned over to prosecutors if there appears to be a case against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter