17 Brazilian policemen arrested for murder
Sao Paulo: 17 police officers from the Sao Paulo state police department in Brazil have been arrested on charges of murdering at least 23 people during April 17-26.
The murders were allegedly committed in retaliation for the killing in April of a police officer in Guaruja resort city, the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper said in a report.
The 17 policemen arrested during the weekend have pushed the total of officers arrested in connection with the case to 22, prosecutors said.
The officers, who have not been identified, will be questioned by investigators and turned over to prosecutors if there appears to be a case against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites