17 killed in Tanzania road crash
Dar Es Salaam: At least 17 people were killed and 56 injured after a bus travelling to Dar es Salaam city collided with a lorry in Tanzania Wednesday, police said.
The grisly accident occurred in the morning in central district of Kongwa when the bus travelling from Mpwapwa to Dar es Salaam collided head on with the lorry, killing both drivers, Xinhua reported.
"This is one of the worst road accidents to have been occurred in Dodoma region," Dodoma regional police commander David Misime said, adding that the lorry was ferrying water pipes.
The killed comprised 12 men and five women, said Misime, adding that nine of the injured were in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends