17 killed in Tanzania road crash
Dar Es Salaam: At least 17 people were killed and 56 injured after a bus travelling to Dar es Salaam city collided with a lorry in Tanzania Wednesday, police said.
The grisly accident occurred in the morning in central district of Kongwa when the bus travelling from Mpwapwa to Dar es Salaam collided head on with the lorry, killing both drivers, Xinhua reported.
"This is one of the worst road accidents to have been occurred in Dodoma region," Dodoma regional police commander David Misime said, adding that the lorry was ferrying water pipes.
The killed comprised 12 men and five women, said Misime, adding that nine of the injured were in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000