17 militants killed in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 17 militants and one soldier have been killed when Nigerian security forces raided two terrorist training camps in the country`s northern state of Borno, the base of Islamic fundamentalist group Boko Haram.
"The January 30 and 31 raids were supported by Nigerian Airforce helicopter gunship," military spokesman Lt Colonel Sagir Musa said.
"The training camps located in the bush was fortified with several facilities like armoury, accommodation, drug store, kitchen and other things available in a normal human habitat," Musa said.
Efforts by the security force to destroy the camps led to a fierce exchange of fire that resulted in the death of 17 Boko Haram terrorists and a soldier was killed, Musa said, adding the training camp has been used to plan and execute several terrorist activities.
Boko Haram has been the major terrorist group in Nigeria which had killed thousands through suicide attacks, bombings and shootings. The group wants to install an Islamic caliphate in the oil rich African country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III