1,764 died of infectious diseases in China
Beijing: A total of 1,764 people died of infectious diseases on the Chinese mainland in December alone, the country`s health and family planning authorities said Friday.
The National Health and Family Planning Commission also announced that a total of 549,233 infectious disease cases were reported in December alone, Xinhua reported. Among them, no cases of Class A infectious diseases were reported. Plague and cholera are categorised as Class A infectious diseases, the most serious category.
In addition, about 283,312 cases, which resulted in 1,743 deaths, were identified as Class B infectious diseases. Hepatitis, tuberculosis, syphilis, dysentery and gonorrhea accounted for 94 percent of the cases in this category, the commission said in a statement.
However, category C infectious diseases claimed 21 lives in December, with infectious diarrhea, foot-and-mouth disease and influenza reported most frequently, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...