18 found dead near Baghdad after kidnapping
Baghdad: The bodies of 18 people kidnapped hours earlier by a group of men wearing military uniforms were found just north of Baghdad on Friday, security and medical officials said.
All of the corpses had gunshots to the head and chest, and were found abandoned in farmland near the town of Tarmiyah, two police officers and a medical source said.
The dead included two tribal chiefs, four policemen and an army major.
The kidnappers, wearing military uniform and travelling in what appeared to be Army vehicles, had told the victims` families that they were suspects in a variety of investigations and had to be taken away for questioning.
Their bodies were found hours later, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round