18 found dead near Baghdad after kidnapping
Baghdad: The bodies of 18 people kidnapped hours earlier by a group of men wearing military uniforms were found just north of Baghdad on Friday, security and medical officials said.
All of the corpses had gunshots to the head and chest, and were found abandoned in farmland near the town of Tarmiyah, two police officers and a medical source said.
The dead included two tribal chiefs, four policemen and an army major.
The kidnappers, wearing military uniform and travelling in what appeared to be Army vehicles, had told the victims` families that they were suspects in a variety of investigations and had to be taken away for questioning.
Their bodies were found hours later, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened