18 found dead near Baghdad after kidnapping
Baghdad: The bodies of 18 people kidnapped hours earlier by a group of men wearing military uniforms were found just north of Baghdad on Friday, security and medical officials said.
All of the corpses had gunshots to the head and chest, and were found abandoned in farmland near the town of Tarmiyah, two police officers and a medical source said.
The dead included two tribal chiefs, four policemen and an army major.
The kidnappers, wearing military uniform and travelling in what appeared to be Army vehicles, had told the victims` families that they were suspects in a variety of investigations and had to be taken away for questioning.
Their bodies were found hours later, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi