18 killed in China mine accident
Beijing: As many as 18 miners were killed and five others remained trapped at a coal mine in China Saturday after a gas and coal outburst.
The accident occurred in the morning in Guizhou province, leaving a total of 28 miners trapped in the collapsed mine. At least five of the trapped miners were rescued till late evening, reported Xinhua citing local officials.
The mine, operated by Pannan Coal Exploitation Co. Ltd., is located in Panxian county of the coal-rich Liupanshui City. It went into operation in 2006 with an initial output of 4 million tonnes a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?