19 slain bodies found in Chihuahua of Mexico
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico): The slain bodies of 19 people have been discovered in Mexico`s northern border state of Chihuahua, officials reported, including 11 apparently long dead men found in mass graves and eight others who were apparently tortured and killed in recent days.
The state prosecutor`s office for missing people said yesterday that 11 male bodies were found in Ejido Jesus Carranza, near the US border about 40 kilometres southeast of Ciudad Juarez.
The area of sand dunes is a popular spot for picnickers from Juarez, which is just across the border from El Paso, Texas.
Officials say they apparently were buried two years ago at the height of battles between drug gangs seeking to control routes across the border.
Federal statistics showed more than 3,000 people were killed that year in Ciudad Juarez, a city of 1.4 million, making it one of the most dangerous places on earth.
Prosecutors also said yesterday that officials had found eight bodies tossed along a road near Rosales, about 200 kilometres southwest of Ojinaga, Texas.
The agency said the men apparently were kidnapped on Friday and were discovered on Saturday. It said they had been shot in the head after being tortured. Some had been burned, beaten and had eyes carved out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog