2 freed in probe into kidnapping of British boy
Paris: Paris police have freed two suspects
detained in the probe into the kidnapping of a 5-year-old
British boy in Pakistan, a police official said on Thursday.
The suspects, a father and son, were related to two
people who collected the ransom paid for the boy in Paris, but
were found to have no links to the crime, the official said.
The official was not authorised to be named because of police
The suspects were detained in the Paris suburb of Bobigny
on Tuesday and released yesterday.
The child, Sahil Saeed, was released Tuesday, almost two
weeks after being abducted from his grandparents` house in
central Pakistan. The boy, of Pakistani origin, is expected to
return to his home in Manchester later today.
Police started trailing the two suspected
ransom-collectors in Paris, and monitored them as they
collected money from the kidnapped boy`s uncle in a McDonald`s
restaurant on the landmark Place de la Republique, the
The suspects, a Romanian couple, then went to visit their
relatives in Bobigny before driving south to Spain, the
official said. French police trailed the two to the border
then alerted Spanish colleagues, the official said.
After police got word Tuesday that the boy had been
released, the suspects and one other were arrested in the town
of Constanti, in Spain`s Catalonia region, according to
Spanish national police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray