2 freed in probe into kidnapping of British boy
Paris: Paris police have freed two suspects
detained in the probe into the kidnapping of a 5-year-old
British boy in Pakistan, a police official said on Thursday.
The suspects, a father and son, were related to two
people who collected the ransom paid for the boy in Paris, but
were found to have no links to the crime, the official said.
The official was not authorised to be named because of police
The suspects were detained in the Paris suburb of Bobigny
on Tuesday and released yesterday.
The child, Sahil Saeed, was released Tuesday, almost two
weeks after being abducted from his grandparents` house in
central Pakistan. The boy, of Pakistani origin, is expected to
return to his home in Manchester later today.
Police started trailing the two suspected
ransom-collectors in Paris, and monitored them as they
collected money from the kidnapped boy`s uncle in a McDonald`s
restaurant on the landmark Place de la Republique, the
The suspects, a Romanian couple, then went to visit their
relatives in Bobigny before driving south to Spain, the
official said. French police trailed the two to the border
then alerted Spanish colleagues, the official said.
After police got word Tuesday that the boy had been
released, the suspects and one other were arrested in the town
of Constanti, in Spain`s Catalonia region, according to
Spanish national police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Munich shooting had `obvious link` to Breivik: Police
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- After Gujarat, two Bihar Dalit youths thrashed, urinated upon: Watch shocking video
- Another beef-related assault reported, four of a Dalit family attacked in Karnataka
- INS Viraat embarks on farewell voyage to Kochi