2 held in Malaysia over Indian origin man’s death
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian police have detained two men as part of an investigation into the murder of an ethnic Indian, the police chief said on Sunday.
Deputy Comm Mohmad Salleh in a statement said two suspects taken into custody on Saturday night, aged 35 and 40, are believed to be involved in the murder R Karikaalan late in April.
"We cannot confirm whether these two are the main suspects. However, we believe they are involved in shooting Karikaalan," Salleh said. The duo have been remanded to custody until May 15.
On April 26, Karikaalan, who worked as a barber, was driving home in his car when two men on a motorcycle fired several shots inside.
The 29-year-old was hit several times and succumbed to his injuries. Karikaalan mother, who is in her 60s, was also in the car with him at the time of the shooting. She was shot in the arm but survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport