2 held in Malaysia over Indian origin man’s death
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian police have detained two men as part of an investigation into the murder of an ethnic Indian, the police chief said on Sunday.
Deputy Comm Mohmad Salleh in a statement said two suspects taken into custody on Saturday night, aged 35 and 40, are believed to be involved in the murder R Karikaalan late in April.
"We cannot confirm whether these two are the main suspects. However, we believe they are involved in shooting Karikaalan," Salleh said. The duo have been remanded to custody until May 15.
On April 26, Karikaalan, who worked as a barber, was driving home in his car when two men on a motorcycle fired several shots inside.
The 29-year-old was hit several times and succumbed to his injuries. Karikaalan mother, who is in her 60s, was also in the car with him at the time of the shooting. She was shot in the arm but survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach