2 held in Malaysia over Indian origin man’s death
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian police have detained two men as part of an investigation into the murder of an ethnic Indian, the police chief said on Sunday.
Deputy Comm Mohmad Salleh in a statement said two suspects taken into custody on Saturday night, aged 35 and 40, are believed to be involved in the murder R Karikaalan late in April.
"We cannot confirm whether these two are the main suspects. However, we believe they are involved in shooting Karikaalan," Salleh said. The duo have been remanded to custody until May 15.
On April 26, Karikaalan, who worked as a barber, was driving home in his car when two men on a motorcycle fired several shots inside.
The 29-year-old was hit several times and succumbed to his injuries. Karikaalan mother, who is in her 60s, was also in the car with him at the time of the shooting. She was shot in the arm but survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack