2 in 5 Americans believe US becoming `socialist state`
Washington: Two of every five Americans on Saturday believe that the United States is evolving into a socialist country, a poll has showed.
According to a Monitor/TIPP poll, 40 percent of respondents felt that the US in evolving into a socialist state as opposed to the 36 percent who disagreed with the notion, while about one-quarter of the respondents expressed a neutral view or said they were unsure.
The poll results showed that while some 30 percent of Americans "strongly agreed" with the view that the US is evolving toward socialism, another 10 percent “somewhat agreed” to it, Christian Science Monitor reports.
The survey also revealed that over 50 percent of Republicans and 30 percent of Independents felt the US was turning socialist state as compared with only 15 percent of Democrats.
The poll figures reportedly showed that a majority of Americans surveyed claimed that it should not be the government`s role to redistribute wealth, and preferred "a smaller government providing less services."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof