2 kids in Ontario allegedly poisoned at daycare
Kitchener (Canada): Canadian police have arrested a home daycare operator for allegedly poisoning two young children.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service said today Christine Allen, 32, administered an over-the-counter eye care product, which if ingested can cause abnormal drowsiness, low blood pressure and decreased heart rates in children.
Police say a child under her care was taken to hospital with serious physical symptoms in March. The child recovered but later returned to hospital at a later date with similar symptoms.
Detectives learned a second child become ill in 2010 with similar symptoms. Both recovered.
Allen ran a home daycare in Kitchener, Ontario from 2009 to 2011 and police are concerned other children may have been victimised.
Police charged Allen with aggravated assault and administering a noxious substance. She is in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok