2 kids in Ontario allegedly poisoned at daycare
Kitchener (Canada): Canadian police have arrested a home daycare operator for allegedly poisoning two young children.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service said today Christine Allen, 32, administered an over-the-counter eye care product, which if ingested can cause abnormal drowsiness, low blood pressure and decreased heart rates in children.
Police say a child under her care was taken to hospital with serious physical symptoms in March. The child recovered but later returned to hospital at a later date with similar symptoms.
Detectives learned a second child become ill in 2010 with similar symptoms. Both recovered.
Allen ran a home daycare in Kitchener, Ontario from 2009 to 2011 and police are concerned other children may have been victimised.
Police charged Allen with aggravated assault and administering a noxious substance. She is in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked