2 kids in Ontario allegedly poisoned at daycare
Kitchener (Canada): Canadian police have arrested a home daycare operator for allegedly poisoning two young children.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service said today Christine Allen, 32, administered an over-the-counter eye care product, which if ingested can cause abnormal drowsiness, low blood pressure and decreased heart rates in children.
Police say a child under her care was taken to hospital with serious physical symptoms in March. The child recovered but later returned to hospital at a later date with similar symptoms.
Detectives learned a second child become ill in 2010 with similar symptoms. Both recovered.
Allen ran a home daycare in Kitchener, Ontario from 2009 to 2011 and police are concerned other children may have been victimised.
Police charged Allen with aggravated assault and administering a noxious substance. She is in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love