2 kids in Ontario allegedly poisoned at daycare
Kitchener (Canada): Canadian police have arrested a home daycare operator for allegedly poisoning two young children.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service said today Christine Allen, 32, administered an over-the-counter eye care product, which if ingested can cause abnormal drowsiness, low blood pressure and decreased heart rates in children.
Police say a child under her care was taken to hospital with serious physical symptoms in March. The child recovered but later returned to hospital at a later date with similar symptoms.
Detectives learned a second child become ill in 2010 with similar symptoms. Both recovered.
Allen ran a home daycare in Kitchener, Ontario from 2009 to 2011 and police are concerned other children may have been victimised.
Police charged Allen with aggravated assault and administering a noxious substance. She is in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the most unusual batting stance in world cricket?
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi `blocking path to Allah`
- Japan's Shinzo Abe may leave tax hike to next PM: Reports
- 17 killed in fire at elderly people's care home in Ukraine
- DLF targets up to Rs 3,500 crore in new sales booking in FY17