2 killed, 7 injured as race car goes out of control
Dublin: Police say two people have been killed and seven injured after a race car went out of control on a rural Irish road and crashed into a crowd of about 30 spectators.
Monday`s accident highlighted the regular dangers posed to drivers and viewers alike by Ireland`s annual high-speed contests on hedge-lined, narrow country roads.
Organisers of the Cavan Stages Rally involving about 100 souped-up cars in the border county of Cavan canceled the event following the accident. Police and the race organizer, Motorsports Ireland, both launched investigations into what went wrong.
Police identified the two dead as a 29-year-old woman from Cork, southwest Ireland, and a 50-year-old male photographer from the western city of Galway. The car`s driver and co-driver were among the seven injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test