2 killed in bomb attack on Nigeria beer garden
Abuja: A bomb explosion at a beer garden has killed two persons, the police in the northern Nigerian state of Taraba has said.
Taraba State police spokesman Amos Olaoye said yesterday that an explosive device went off at a drinking spot in the central city of Jalingo.
The spokesman said the attackers planted the bomb at the usually overcrowded drinking joint on Thursday that went off at about 8 pm (local time), killing two.
Though no group has claimed responsibility, the only terrorist group that has been carrying out such bombing campaigns in the country is the radical Islamist sect Boko Haram.
The group wants an Islamic state in Nigeria`s mostly Muslim north.
More than 1,000 people have been killed in the north and capital city of Abuja since the sect started bombing and shooting people in public places since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan