2 men accused of attacking pilot at Miami airport
Miami: A man punched an American Airlines
pilot who kicked him off a flight from Miami, and he and his
brother then attacked the pilot again before bystanders
tackled the brothers in the terminal, officials said on Thursday.
Jonathan and Luis Baez, both of Las Piedras, Puerto
Rico, were arrested at Miami International Airport. They had
been aboard American Airlines Flight 1755 bound for San
Francisco on last night, according to an arrest affidavit.
While the plane taxied away from the gate, a flight
attendant noticed 27-year-old Jonathan Baez was sleeping and
had not buckled his seat belt, police said. She tried to wake
him, but she told police that Baez was unresponsive and
appeared to be intoxicated or on drugs.
The pilot turned the plane around and returned to gate
"As we always do with these things, we`d much rather
deal with it on the ground than in the air," American Airlines
spokesman Tim Smith said today.
The pilot and flight attendant then woke up Baez and
told him to get off the plane, police said.
"He was apparently barely compliant at that point,"
Smith said. "He was exhibiting symptoms of intoxication. He
was not walking well when he went up the aisle."
Luis Baez, 29, decided to join his brother as he was
being escorted off the plane. As the brothers walked toward
the aircraft`s exit door, they became belligerent, and Luis
Baez told the pilot, "When you fly to San Juan I will have you
killed," according to the arrest report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets