2 pilots presumed dead in German mid-air crash
Berlin: German police say two civilian pilots whose military-chartered jet crashed after colliding with a fighter plane are presumed dead.
A spokeswoman for police in the Sauerland region east of Cologne says human remains found near the site of yesterday`s crash likely belonged to the pilots, aged 50 and 43.
The Learjet was taking part in a maneuver with two Eurofighter jets when it collided with one of the military planes near the town of Elpe. It crashed 90 metres from a residence.
Police spokeswoman Bianca Scheer said today that prosecutors have begun an investigation into possible negligent homicide on the part of the fighter pilot.
The fighter pilot landed safely at a military airfield despite having a full fuel tank ripped off in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert