2 pilots presumed dead in German mid-air crash
Berlin: German police say two civilian pilots whose military-chartered jet crashed after colliding with a fighter plane are presumed dead.
A spokeswoman for police in the Sauerland region east of Cologne says human remains found near the site of yesterday`s crash likely belonged to the pilots, aged 50 and 43.
The Learjet was taking part in a maneuver with two Eurofighter jets when it collided with one of the military planes near the town of Elpe. It crashed 90 metres from a residence.
Police spokeswoman Bianca Scheer said today that prosecutors have begun an investigation into possible negligent homicide on the part of the fighter pilot.
The fighter pilot landed safely at a military airfield despite having a full fuel tank ripped off in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet