2 pilots presumed dead in German mid-air crash
Berlin: German police say two civilian pilots whose military-chartered jet crashed after colliding with a fighter plane are presumed dead.
A spokeswoman for police in the Sauerland region east of Cologne says human remains found near the site of yesterday`s crash likely belonged to the pilots, aged 50 and 43.
The Learjet was taking part in a maneuver with two Eurofighter jets when it collided with one of the military planes near the town of Elpe. It crashed 90 metres from a residence.
Police spokeswoman Bianca Scheer said today that prosecutors have begun an investigation into possible negligent homicide on the part of the fighter pilot.
The fighter pilot landed safely at a military airfield despite having a full fuel tank ripped off in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder