2 plead not guilty in NY subway bomb plot case
New York: Two high school classmates of
admitted terrorist plotter Najibullah Zazi pleaded not guilty
today in a foiled plot to bomb New York City subways in the
days after the eighth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
Zarein Ahmedzay and Adis Medunjanin, both 25, were
indicted on charges of conspiracy to use weapons of mass
destruction, conspiracy to commit murder in a foreign country
and providing material support to the al-Qaida terrorist
Ahmedzay and Medunjanin, who is a Bosnian immigrant,
appeared in Brooklyn federal court later today morning. The
two went to high school with Zazi in New York.
Zazi, an Afghan immigrant and former Colorado air
shuttle driver who aroused authorities` attention when he
drove cross-country from Denver to New York last fall, pleaded
guilty to similar charges this week.
Authorities have told The Associated Press he is
cooperating with investigators.
"The facts alleged in this indictment shed further
light on the scope of this attempted attack and underscore the
importance of using every tool we have available to both
disrupt plots against our nation and hold suspected terrorists
accountable," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a
"This attack would have been deadly."
Medunjanin and Ahmedzay, who authorities say
travelled to Pakistan with Zazi in 2008 had already faced
charges in the alleged plot to set off homemade bombs on
Manhattan subway lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla