20 held over `links to assassinations` of Iran nuke scientists
Tehran: Iran says about 20 suspects have been arrested for alleged links to assassinations of Iranian nuclear experts that Tehran claims is part of covert operations led by Israel.
Today`s remark by Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi is the first official number on the detentions. Last week, Iran announced it had made arrests linked to the slayings.
Moslehi claims the suspects moved between Iran and Israel through a neighbouring country. He did not name the country, but Iran has accused Azerbaijan of harbouring terrorists linked to Israel.
At least five Iranian nuclear experts have been killed since 2010. The US and Britain have denied any roles, but Israel has remained silent on Iran`s accusations. In May, Iran hanged a man convicted in the killing of a nuclear physicist in early 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days