20 held over `links to assassinations` of Iran nuke scientists
Tehran: Iran says about 20 suspects have been arrested for alleged links to assassinations of Iranian nuclear experts that Tehran claims is part of covert operations led by Israel.
Today`s remark by Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi is the first official number on the detentions. Last week, Iran announced it had made arrests linked to the slayings.
Moslehi claims the suspects moved between Iran and Israel through a neighbouring country. He did not name the country, but Iran has accused Azerbaijan of harbouring terrorists linked to Israel.
At least five Iranian nuclear experts have been killed since 2010. The US and Britain have denied any roles, but Israel has remained silent on Iran`s accusations. In May, Iran hanged a man convicted in the killing of a nuclear physicist in early 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why