20 held over `links to assassinations` of Iran nuke scientists
Tehran: Iran says about 20 suspects have been arrested for alleged links to assassinations of Iranian nuclear experts that Tehran claims is part of covert operations led by Israel.
Today`s remark by Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi is the first official number on the detentions. Last week, Iran announced it had made arrests linked to the slayings.
Moslehi claims the suspects moved between Iran and Israel through a neighbouring country. He did not name the country, but Iran has accused Azerbaijan of harbouring terrorists linked to Israel.
At least five Iranian nuclear experts have been killed since 2010. The US and Britain have denied any roles, but Israel has remained silent on Iran`s accusations. In May, Iran hanged a man convicted in the killing of a nuclear physicist in early 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...