20 killed in Afghan violence
Kabul: Twenty people, including 12 Taliban militants, have been killed in Afghan violence, authorities said Sunday.
The militants were killed during a countrywide overnight anti-insurgency operation, the interior ministry said. Twenty-eight militants were arrested.
Early Sunday, eight civilians also died in roadside bombings. The attacks took place in Kandahar and Khost provinces. Women and children were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened