20 killed in Afghan violence
Kabul: Twenty people, including 12 Taliban militants, have been killed in Afghan violence, authorities said Sunday.
The militants were killed during a countrywide overnight anti-insurgency operation, the interior ministry said. Twenty-eight militants were arrested.
Early Sunday, eight civilians also died in roadside bombings. The attacks took place in Kandahar and Khost provinces. Women and children were among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II