20 killed in attack on Yemen Sunni school: Tribe
Sanaa: Shiite rebels killed 20 people and
wounded 70 others in an attack on a Sunni Islamist school in
northern Yemen, tribal sources said on Sunday.
The attack on the Dar al-Hadith school that trains
preachers in Dammaj, a suburb of the Shiite stronghold city of
Saada, said the tribal source.
Dar al-Hadith, which is attended by students from Yemen
and many other countries, is seen as a Sunni threat by Shiite
Huthis who dominate the northern region.
A teacher at Dar al-Hadith said on condition of
anonymity that Huthis had blocked off the area surrounding the
religious school for two weeks, preventing the delivery of
food to about 10,000 people.
The reports could not be immediately confirmed.
Tribal sources say that the Huthis have strengthened
their hold on Yemen`s northern provinces in recent months due
to an anti-regime uprising that has seen troops defect and
security forces stretched by popular protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof