20 killed in Baghdad bombings
Baghdad: At least 20 people were killed and 53 others wounded in three bombing attacks here on Monday, police said.
A car bomb went off on Monday evening near a funeral in the Adhamiya district in northern Baghdad, killing 15 people and injuring 35 others, Xinhua reported citing a police source.
Three people were killed and eight others wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near a park in the Sulaikh area in northern Baghdad, the source said, adding that two people were killed and 10 others wounded when a bomb struck a cafe in Sadar city in eastern Baghdad.
The bombing near the funeral in the Adhamiya district was the third deadly attack targeting mourners in the Iraqi capital during the past three days.
At least 15 people were killed and 35 others wounded when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a funeral in the Dora district in southern Baghdad on Sunday.
Sunday`s attack came one day after two car bombs exploded near a funeral in Sadr city in eastern Baghdad, killing 78 people and injuring 202 others.
Iraq is witnessing its worst eruption of violence in recent years, which raises fears that the country is sliding back to the full-blown civil conflict that peaked in 2006 and 2007, when monthly death toll sometimes exceeded 3,000.
The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq said earlier this month that almost 5,000 civilians were killed and 12,000 others injured in Iraq from January to August this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray