20 killed in two road accidents in China
Beijing: Twenty people were killed and 51 injured in two separate road accidents in southwest China, the authorities said Tuesday.
Fifteen people died and 56 others were injured in a multiple pileup early Tuesday on an expressway section in Chongqing municipality.
The accident happened just after midnight when a truck hit an overturned coach, and vehicles behind plowed into the back of the truck at a section of the Baotou-Maoming Expressway, reported Xinhua.
In a separate accident, a minibus with 29 passengers plunged down a 60-metre valley at 7.42 p.m. Monday in Huize County, Yunnan Province. The minibus was taking home guests from a wedding when it veered off the road.
Five people died and 24 others were injured, four of them seriously. The vehicle was only permitted to carry 19 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars