20 killed in two road accidents in China
Beijing: Twenty people were killed and 51 injured in two separate road accidents in southwest China, the authorities said Tuesday.
Fifteen people died and 56 others were injured in a multiple pileup early Tuesday on an expressway section in Chongqing municipality.
The accident happened just after midnight when a truck hit an overturned coach, and vehicles behind plowed into the back of the truck at a section of the Baotou-Maoming Expressway, reported Xinhua.
In a separate accident, a minibus with 29 passengers plunged down a 60-metre valley at 7.42 p.m. Monday in Huize County, Yunnan Province. The minibus was taking home guests from a wedding when it veered off the road.
Five people died and 24 others were injured, four of them seriously. The vehicle was only permitted to carry 19 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video