200 illegal immigrants arrested in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Over 200 illegal immigrants were arrested in Malaysia`s Penang state after they failed to provide valid documents to prove their legal entry into the country, police said.
An enforcement team of around 60 officials including police and immigration officers carried out the raid on the illegal immigrants Saturday. Within three hours, over 200 foreigners who failed to produce valid travel documents were arrested, Xinhua quoted a police spokesperson as saying.
The arrested immigrants are mainly from Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar and Bangladesh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail