203 Chinese school children hospitalised with fever
Beijing: Over 200 primary school students in southwest China`s Sichuan Province have been hospitalised with fever, vomiting and diarrhea, the local government said today.
The first pupil of the Central Primary School in Yingjie Township, Ziyang City, was admitted to the township hospital in Yingjie yesterday evening after falling ill, according to local authorities.
The hospital had received a total of 203 students exhibiting similar symptoms by this morning.
Fifty of them are being treated in the township hospital, while 153 others have been transferred to three hospitals in Yanjiang District, Ziyang City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
They were initially diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis, according to doctors. All of them are in stable condition.
An investigation into the widespread sickness is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO