203 Chinese school children hospitalised with fever
Beijing: Over 200 primary school students in southwest China`s Sichuan Province have been hospitalised with fever, vomiting and diarrhea, the local government said today.
The first pupil of the Central Primary School in Yingjie Township, Ziyang City, was admitted to the township hospital in Yingjie yesterday evening after falling ill, according to local authorities.
The hospital had received a total of 203 students exhibiting similar symptoms by this morning.
Fifty of them are being treated in the township hospital, while 153 others have been transferred to three hospitals in Yanjiang District, Ziyang City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
They were initially diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis, according to doctors. All of them are in stable condition.
An investigation into the widespread sickness is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today