203 Chinese school children hospitalised with fever
Beijing: Over 200 primary school students in southwest China`s Sichuan Province have been hospitalised with fever, vomiting and diarrhea, the local government said today.
The first pupil of the Central Primary School in Yingjie Township, Ziyang City, was admitted to the township hospital in Yingjie yesterday evening after falling ill, according to local authorities.
The hospital had received a total of 203 students exhibiting similar symptoms by this morning.
Fifty of them are being treated in the township hospital, while 153 others have been transferred to three hospitals in Yanjiang District, Ziyang City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
They were initially diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis, according to doctors. All of them are in stable condition.
An investigation into the widespread sickness is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS