203 Chinese school children hospitalised with fever
Beijing: Over 200 primary school students in southwest China`s Sichuan Province have been hospitalised with fever, vomiting and diarrhea, the local government said today.
The first pupil of the Central Primary School in Yingjie Township, Ziyang City, was admitted to the township hospital in Yingjie yesterday evening after falling ill, according to local authorities.
The hospital had received a total of 203 students exhibiting similar symptoms by this morning.
Fifty of them are being treated in the township hospital, while 153 others have been transferred to three hospitals in Yanjiang District, Ziyang City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
They were initially diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis, according to doctors. All of them are in stable condition.
An investigation into the widespread sickness is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you