2,080 lashes for Saudi man who raped daughter
Riyadh: An official Saudi newspaper says a man convicted of raping his daughter has been sentenced to receive 2,080 lashes over the course of a 13-year prison term.
The court in the holy city of Mecca found the man guilty of raping his teenage daughter for seven years while under the influence of drugs.
The Okaz newspaper reported Saturday that the man will receive the lashes in stages throughout his prison sentence. The man`s name was not published.
Saudi religious police say the girl`s uncle tipped them off to the crime.
Lashing is one of the penalties available to the clerics who serve as judges in Saudi Arabia and issue rulings according to the kingdom`s strict interpretation of Islamic law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'