21 dead in Philippine hostage crisis: Military
Manila: Twenty-one people who were among a group of local politicians and journalists abducted in the southern Philippines on Monday have been found dead, the region`s military chief said.
"Our Army troopers have reached the area where the vehicles and those held were taken... they were shot by the armed men," Major General Alfredo Cayton said in a radio interview.
"We have recovered 21 bodies. Our men are continuing to scour the area to find the others."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'