21 killed, 78 wounded in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least 21 people were killed and 78 injured in attacks across Iraq Monday, mostly in the Shiite provinces, an interior ministry source said.
Two people were killed and 12 wounded when a car bomb exploded in Karbala, some 110 km from Baghdad, the source told Xinhua.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and 14 wounded in another car bomb attack in the Shiite district of Mahmodiyah, 30 km from Baghdad, he added.
Earlier Monday, two cars bombs exploded in a market in Amarah, some 300 km from Baghdad, killing nine people and wounding 30, the source said.
Another car bomb struck Diwaniyah, some 160 km southeast of Baghdad, killing two people and wounding 20.
In the northern town of Yathrib, some 40 km from capital, two soldiers were killed and two wounded when unidentified gunmen attacked a check point of the Iraqi Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional