21 killed, 78 wounded in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least 21 people were killed and 78 injured in attacks across Iraq Monday, mostly in the Shiite provinces, an interior ministry source said.
Two people were killed and 12 wounded when a car bomb exploded in Karbala, some 110 km from Baghdad, the source told Xinhua.
Meanwhile, at least six people were killed and 14 wounded in another car bomb attack in the Shiite district of Mahmodiyah, 30 km from Baghdad, he added.
Earlier Monday, two cars bombs exploded in a market in Amarah, some 300 km from Baghdad, killing nine people and wounding 30, the source said.
Another car bomb struck Diwaniyah, some 160 km southeast of Baghdad, killing two people and wounding 20.
In the northern town of Yathrib, some 40 km from capital, two soldiers were killed and two wounded when unidentified gunmen attacked a check point of the Iraqi Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family