21 people killed in Tanzania road crash
Dar Es Salaam: As many as 21 people were killed and nine seriously injured during an accident in a village in Tanzania Saturday night, police reported.
The crash occurred in the village of Mkupuka in the coastal region when a mini-bus rammed into a lorry, Xinhua quoted Tanzania police as saying Sunday.
The accident was reported almost 24 hours after 12 people, all of them women, died after a pickup in which they were travelling was struck by a lorry from behind Friday night at Hedaru along the Dar es Salaam-Arusha highway.
The regional police commander, Ulrich Matei, said the accident occurred Saturday at 8 pm local time along the Dar es Salaam- Lindi highway.
He said the mini-bus travelling from Ikwiriri town to Mkupuka village near the banks of the giant Rufiji River collided head on with an oncoming lorry which was trying to overtake another lorry.
Twenty people, he said, died on the spot, one died on his way to hospital and 10 were injured with nine of them sustaining serious injuries, including fractured heads and broken legs and arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!