21 people killed in Tanzania road crash
Dar Es Salaam: As many as 21 people were killed and nine seriously injured during an accident in a village in Tanzania Saturday night, police reported.
The crash occurred in the village of Mkupuka in the coastal region when a mini-bus rammed into a lorry, Xinhua quoted Tanzania police as saying Sunday.
The accident was reported almost 24 hours after 12 people, all of them women, died after a pickup in which they were travelling was struck by a lorry from behind Friday night at Hedaru along the Dar es Salaam-Arusha highway.
The regional police commander, Ulrich Matei, said the accident occurred Saturday at 8 pm local time along the Dar es Salaam- Lindi highway.
He said the mini-bus travelling from Ikwiriri town to Mkupuka village near the banks of the giant Rufiji River collided head on with an oncoming lorry which was trying to overtake another lorry.
Twenty people, he said, died on the spot, one died on his way to hospital and 10 were injured with nine of them sustaining serious injuries, including fractured heads and broken legs and arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile