210 killed in anti-terror operation, says Ukraine
Kiev: At least 210 people has been killed since the start of the "active phase" of the Ukrainian government`s anti-terror operation in eastern regions, the country`s Health Minister Oleg Musiy said Wednesday.
"The total number of bodies transferred to morgues has climbed to 210 since the beginning of the operation," Xinhua quoted Musiy as saying.
The toll includes 14 children and nine women.
The minister confirmed Ukrainian servicemen, civilians and insurgents were suffering casualties, but declined to give more details on the exact cause of the victims` deaths.
Kiev started its military operation against insurgents April 13, but suspended it a week later following an agreement with Russia, the US and the European Union in Geneva, under which all sides agreed to refrain from violence.
The government stepped up the operation in eastern regions early May after armed activists allegedly kidnapped and tortured several journalists and murdered a pro-government politician.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation