23 killed in Kenya minibus crash: Official
Nairobi: A police official says 23 passengers were killed after their minibus lost control, hit the barrier of a bridge and rolled over rocks in central Kenya.
National police spokesman Eric Kiraithe said Sunday the driver of the minibus may have fallen asleep before the crash late Saturday. The crash happened nearly 90 miles (about 140 kilometers) east of the capital, Nairobi.
Kiraithe says 15 passengers traveling to the town of Makueni were seriously injured and were taken to a local hospital for treatment. Regional police chief Marcus Ochola says the passengers were traveling together after negotiating dowry before a wedding.
Road crashes are common in Kenya and are often blamed on reckless driving and the poor state of the roads in the East African nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU