230,000 people have fled Syria: UN
Geneva: The UN refugee agency says 230,000
Syrians have fled their homes since the outbreak of violence
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees` coordinator for
Syria says 30,000 people have already fled to Turkey, Lebanon
and Jordan and "on a daily basis hundreds of people are still
crossing into neighbouring countries."
Panos Moumtzis told reporters in Geneva today that
according to the Syrian Arab Red Crescent at least 200,000
people are also displaced within the country.
He says some 110,000 mostly Iraqi refugees living in
Syria are meanwhile reporting increased hardship due to rising
prices for basic goods.
Moumtzis says prices for imported goods have
"skyrocketed" because of the devaluation of the Syrian pound.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP