25 in Indonesia dead in Eid boat sinkings: Officials
Jakarta: At least 25 people in Indonesia, including six children, have died and 13 are missing in two separate boat sinkings, officials said Thursday, as millions travel across the country for the Eid holiday season.
A boat carrying 48 people sank on a river on the island of Sumatra late Wednesday, leaving seven dead and 13 missing, while a ferry carrying 70 on a river on the Indonesian part of Borneo island sank on Tuesday, with the final death toll put at 18, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!