25 killed in Sudan clashes
Khartoum: At least 25 people were killed and 26 others injured in tribal clashes in Sudan`s West Kordofan state, media reported Saturday.
"Twenty-five people were killed and 26 others injured Friday in clashes between Ma`liya and Hamar tribes in Um Dekon area of Qibaish locality in West Kordofan state," the report said.
"The incident took place due to difference between a farmer and some herdsmen and then developed into a clash between the two tribes," said Ahmed Ali Riziq, commissioner of Qibaish locality.
He said that the clashes resulted in burning of some houses of the citizens, reports Xinhua.
He said the security committees at that state`s Adila, Qibaish and Al-Udaiya localities have agreed to evacuate the two tribes from area, and form joint committee to calm the situation, and hold a reconciliation conference between the two tribes.
The West Kordofan state includes most of Sudan`s oil fields and bordered by the oil-rich area of Abyei which is still under dispute between Sudan and South Sudan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days