25 killed in Sudan clashes
Khartoum: At least 25 people were killed and 26 others injured in tribal clashes in Sudan`s West Kordofan state, media reported Saturday.
"Twenty-five people were killed and 26 others injured Friday in clashes between Ma`liya and Hamar tribes in Um Dekon area of Qibaish locality in West Kordofan state," the report said.
"The incident took place due to difference between a farmer and some herdsmen and then developed into a clash between the two tribes," said Ahmed Ali Riziq, commissioner of Qibaish locality.
He said that the clashes resulted in burning of some houses of the citizens, reports Xinhua.
He said the security committees at that state`s Adila, Qibaish and Al-Udaiya localities have agreed to evacuate the two tribes from area, and form joint committee to calm the situation, and hold a reconciliation conference between the two tribes.
The West Kordofan state includes most of Sudan`s oil fields and bordered by the oil-rich area of Abyei which is still under dispute between Sudan and South Sudan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news