25 killed in Sudan clashes
Khartoum: At least 25 people were killed and 26 others injured in tribal clashes in Sudan`s West Kordofan state, media reported Saturday.
"Twenty-five people were killed and 26 others injured Friday in clashes between Ma`liya and Hamar tribes in Um Dekon area of Qibaish locality in West Kordofan state," the report said.
"The incident took place due to difference between a farmer and some herdsmen and then developed into a clash between the two tribes," said Ahmed Ali Riziq, commissioner of Qibaish locality.
He said that the clashes resulted in burning of some houses of the citizens, reports Xinhua.
He said the security committees at that state`s Adila, Qibaish and Al-Udaiya localities have agreed to evacuate the two tribes from area, and form joint committee to calm the situation, and hold a reconciliation conference between the two tribes.
The West Kordofan state includes most of Sudan`s oil fields and bordered by the oil-rich area of Abyei which is still under dispute between Sudan and South Sudan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31