`26/11-style plot to kill Danish Crown Prince`
Copenhagen: Four Islamic terror suspects planned a ‘Mumbai-style’ terror attack to target Danish Crown Prince Frederik in revenge for a newspaper’s publication of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad, a court has heard.
A court, where the suspects went on trial on Friday, heard that the suspected terrorists intended to attack the offices of Politiken when the crown prince was handing out awards.
The four men, three Danish citizens and one resident of Sweden, are accused of terrorism and illegal possession of weaponry.
According to The Daily Mail, prosecutor Henrik Plaehn said the alleged terrorists were linked with Pakistan.
Three of the four accused were arrested in December 2010 while they were allegedly on their way to carry out a ‘Mumbai-style’ shooting at the Jyllands-Posten newspaper office that published 12 cartoons of the prophet in 2005.
The fourth defendant, Sabhi Ben Mohamed Zalouti, left the car while it was en route and returned to Stockholm, where he was arrested the same day as the others, the paper said.
The men, Dahri, Zalouti, Munir Awad and Omar Abdalla Aboelazm, could face 16 years in prison if found guilty.
According to the paper, prosecutors are likely to ask that the men be deported from Denmark after serving their sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA