`26/11-style plot to kill Danish Crown Prince`
Copenhagen: Four Islamic terror suspects planned a ‘Mumbai-style’ terror attack to target Danish Crown Prince Frederik in revenge for a newspaper’s publication of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad, a court has heard.
A court, where the suspects went on trial on Friday, heard that the suspected terrorists intended to attack the offices of Politiken when the crown prince was handing out awards.
The four men, three Danish citizens and one resident of Sweden, are accused of terrorism and illegal possession of weaponry.
According to The Daily Mail, prosecutor Henrik Plaehn said the alleged terrorists were linked with Pakistan.
Three of the four accused were arrested in December 2010 while they were allegedly on their way to carry out a ‘Mumbai-style’ shooting at the Jyllands-Posten newspaper office that published 12 cartoons of the prophet in 2005.
The fourth defendant, Sabhi Ben Mohamed Zalouti, left the car while it was en route and returned to Stockholm, where he was arrested the same day as the others, the paper said.
The men, Dahri, Zalouti, Munir Awad and Omar Abdalla Aboelazm, could face 16 years in prison if found guilty.
According to the paper, prosecutors are likely to ask that the men be deported from Denmark after serving their sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...