`26/11-style plot to kill Danish Crown Prince`
Copenhagen: Four Islamic terror suspects planned a ‘Mumbai-style’ terror attack to target Danish Crown Prince Frederik in revenge for a newspaper’s publication of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad, a court has heard.
A court, where the suspects went on trial on Friday, heard that the suspected terrorists intended to attack the offices of Politiken when the crown prince was handing out awards.
The four men, three Danish citizens and one resident of Sweden, are accused of terrorism and illegal possession of weaponry.
According to The Daily Mail, prosecutor Henrik Plaehn said the alleged terrorists were linked with Pakistan.
Three of the four accused were arrested in December 2010 while they were allegedly on their way to carry out a ‘Mumbai-style’ shooting at the Jyllands-Posten newspaper office that published 12 cartoons of the prophet in 2005.
The fourth defendant, Sabhi Ben Mohamed Zalouti, left the car while it was en route and returned to Stockholm, where he was arrested the same day as the others, the paper said.
The men, Dahri, Zalouti, Munir Awad and Omar Abdalla Aboelazm, could face 16 years in prison if found guilty.
According to the paper, prosecutors are likely to ask that the men be deported from Denmark after serving their sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened