27 injured in ferry collusion in Macao
Beijing: At least twenty seven people have been left injured in a ferry collision in Macao Outer Harbour on Saturday.
The passenger ship carrying 175 passengers and eight crews, leaving for Hong Kong at 12:15 am, knocked down a buoy about 15 minutes after departure, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Macao like Hong Kong is an autonomous enclave of China.
A passenger said, he heard a big sound when he was taking rest and he escaped injuries because he kept seat belt on. But many people who didn`t fasten their seat-belts get injured during the collision.
The ship sailed back to the ferry after the collision.
The police authority confirmed that 27 passengers were injured, 25 of them had been sent to hospital immediately, and most of them were slight contuse and scratching.
Related government departments have launched the emergency mechanism after the collision, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price