27 injured in ferry collusion in Macao
Beijing: At least twenty seven people have been left injured in a ferry collision in Macao Outer Harbour on Saturday.
The passenger ship carrying 175 passengers and eight crews, leaving for Hong Kong at 12:15 am, knocked down a buoy about 15 minutes after departure, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Macao like Hong Kong is an autonomous enclave of China.
A passenger said, he heard a big sound when he was taking rest and he escaped injuries because he kept seat belt on. But many people who didn`t fasten their seat-belts get injured during the collision.
The ship sailed back to the ferry after the collision.
The police authority confirmed that 27 passengers were injured, 25 of them had been sent to hospital immediately, and most of them were slight contuse and scratching.
Related government departments have launched the emergency mechanism after the collision, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites