27 injured in ferry collusion in Macao
Beijing: At least twenty seven people have been left injured in a ferry collision in Macao Outer Harbour on Saturday.
The passenger ship carrying 175 passengers and eight crews, leaving for Hong Kong at 12:15 am, knocked down a buoy about 15 minutes after departure, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Macao like Hong Kong is an autonomous enclave of China.
A passenger said, he heard a big sound when he was taking rest and he escaped injuries because he kept seat belt on. But many people who didn`t fasten their seat-belts get injured during the collision.
The ship sailed back to the ferry after the collision.
The police authority confirmed that 27 passengers were injured, 25 of them had been sent to hospital immediately, and most of them were slight contuse and scratching.
Related government departments have launched the emergency mechanism after the collision, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living