27 killed in three road accidents in China
Beijing: At least 27 people were killed and 91 others injured in three separate road accidents in China, the state-media reported on Wednesday.
Sixteen people were killed and twelve others injured when a truck overturned in east China`s Jiangxi Province last night, local authorities said.
The accident occurred on a highway in Tiantuo Village, Nanfeng County, when the truck loaded with pears and 28 people, including the driver and 24 women, overturned, Xinhua news agency reported.
Fifteen people were killed on the spot, and one died later.
In another accident, nine people were killed and 30 others injured when heavy fog caused a pile-up of 28 vehicles on an expressway in east China`s Anhui Province on Monday.
Eighteen successive collisions took place within a three-kilometre section of the freeway. The tragedy was caused by fog that began to envelop the road.
In the third accident, two students were killed and 49 others injured in east China`s Jiangsu Province yesterday, local police said.
A school bus carrying 50 people, including 47 students from Qianjing Primary School, collided with a car with two adults aboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown