27 killed in three road accidents in China
Beijing: At least 27 people were killed and 91 others injured in three separate road accidents in China, the state-media reported on Wednesday.
Sixteen people were killed and twelve others injured when a truck overturned in east China`s Jiangxi Province last night, local authorities said.
The accident occurred on a highway in Tiantuo Village, Nanfeng County, when the truck loaded with pears and 28 people, including the driver and 24 women, overturned, Xinhua news agency reported.
Fifteen people were killed on the spot, and one died later.
In another accident, nine people were killed and 30 others injured when heavy fog caused a pile-up of 28 vehicles on an expressway in east China`s Anhui Province on Monday.
Eighteen successive collisions took place within a three-kilometre section of the freeway. The tragedy was caused by fog that began to envelop the road.
In the third accident, two students were killed and 49 others injured in east China`s Jiangsu Province yesterday, local police said.
A school bus carrying 50 people, including 47 students from Qianjing Primary School, collided with a car with two adults aboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal