29 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: At least 29 passengers sustained injuries Sunday morning during their plane`s emergency landing due to a technical fault in the western Saudi city of Medina, Xinhua quoted Saudi Press Agency as saying.
With 315 passengers onboard, Saudi Arabian Airline`s Boeing 767 from Iran`s Mashhad, failed to open its right rear wheels when landing at Medina`s Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz International Airport, said Khalid bin Abdullah Al Khibiri, a spokesperson of the Saudi Civil Aviation.
He attributed the injuries to the passengers` rush during evacuation, adding that among the injured, 11 were sent to hospital and the other 18 with minor injuries were treated at the airport`s clinic.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane