3 British men convicted over airliner bomb plot
London: A jury has convicted three British
Muslims of conspiracy to murder in a plot to blow up passenger
planes over the Atlantic Ocean.
Ibrahim Savant, Arafat Waheed Khan and Waheed Zaman were
found guilty today at London`s Woolwich Crown Court.
Prosecutors say the men were part of a group that planned
to detonate liquid explosives hidden in soft drink bottles on
aircraft bound for the US and Canada in 2006.
This is the men`s third trial. An earlier jury acquitted
them of knowing that planes were the plot`s target.
Prosecutor Sue Hemming says the trio "were actively
working alongside other men on a plot to cause death and
injury on a massive scale."
Three other men are serving long sentences for the plot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India