3 British men convicted over airliner bomb plot
London: A jury has convicted three British
Muslims of conspiracy to murder in a plot to blow up passenger
planes over the Atlantic Ocean.
Ibrahim Savant, Arafat Waheed Khan and Waheed Zaman were
found guilty today at London`s Woolwich Crown Court.
Prosecutors say the men were part of a group that planned
to detonate liquid explosives hidden in soft drink bottles on
aircraft bound for the US and Canada in 2006.
This is the men`s third trial. An earlier jury acquitted
them of knowing that planes were the plot`s target.
Prosecutor Sue Hemming says the trio "were actively
working alongside other men on a plot to cause death and
injury on a massive scale."
Three other men are serving long sentences for the plot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya