3 children dead after house catches fire in Greek village
Thessaloniki: Three brothers, ages 15, 7, and 5, have died in a northern Greek village as a result of a fire that burned down their grandparents` house.
The fire started from a wooden stove and quickly engulfed the house, whose roof collapsed on the two younger children.
The older brother, who tried to rescue his younger siblings, died of smoke inhalation, according to the firefighters who rushed to the scene early today.
The children`s grandparents and parents, as well as three other siblings, two girls and a boy, escaped. The father suffered slight burns.
The couple and their 6 youngest children were spending the weekend at the father`s parents` house in the village of Mesoropi, 130 kilometers east of Thessaloniki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere