3 children dead after house catches fire in Greek village
Thessaloniki: Three brothers, ages 15, 7, and 5, have died in a northern Greek village as a result of a fire that burned down their grandparents` house.
The fire started from a wooden stove and quickly engulfed the house, whose roof collapsed on the two younger children.
The older brother, who tried to rescue his younger siblings, died of smoke inhalation, according to the firefighters who rushed to the scene early today.
The children`s grandparents and parents, as well as three other siblings, two girls and a boy, escaped. The father suffered slight burns.
The couple and their 6 youngest children were spending the weekend at the father`s parents` house in the village of Mesoropi, 130 kilometers east of Thessaloniki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon