3 children dead after house catches fire in Greek village
Thessaloniki: Three brothers, ages 15, 7, and 5, have died in a northern Greek village as a result of a fire that burned down their grandparents` house.
The fire started from a wooden stove and quickly engulfed the house, whose roof collapsed on the two younger children.
The older brother, who tried to rescue his younger siblings, died of smoke inhalation, according to the firefighters who rushed to the scene early today.
The children`s grandparents and parents, as well as three other siblings, two girls and a boy, escaped. The father suffered slight burns.
The couple and their 6 youngest children were spending the weekend at the father`s parents` house in the village of Mesoropi, 130 kilometers east of Thessaloniki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know