3 children dead after house catches fire in Greek village
Thessaloniki: Three brothers, ages 15, 7, and 5, have died in a northern Greek village as a result of a fire that burned down their grandparents` house.
The fire started from a wooden stove and quickly engulfed the house, whose roof collapsed on the two younger children.
The older brother, who tried to rescue his younger siblings, died of smoke inhalation, according to the firefighters who rushed to the scene early today.
The children`s grandparents and parents, as well as three other siblings, two girls and a boy, escaped. The father suffered slight burns.
The couple and their 6 youngest children were spending the weekend at the father`s parents` house in the village of Mesoropi, 130 kilometers east of Thessaloniki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre