3 Indian-Americans receive US presidential award
Washington: In recognition of their
outstanding achievements, three Indian-Americans have been
awarded by US President Barack Obama with his prestigious
Presidential Early Career Awards in Science and Engineering.
The Indian Americans -- Dr Kartik A Srinivasan,
Sumita Pennathur and Hari Shroff - are among the 94 eminent
researchers listed in this prestigious presidential award,
which embody the high priority the US President places on
producing outstanding scientists and engineers to advance the
nation`s goals, tackle grand challenges, and contribute to the
"It is inspiring to see the innovative work being
done by these scientists and engineers as they ramp up their
careers-careers that I know will be not only personally
rewarding but also invaluable to the nation," Obama said.
"That so many of them are also devoting time to
mentoring and other forms of community service speaks volumes
about their potential for leadership, not only as scientists
but as model citizens," he said.
With more than 40 eminent publications in peer-reviewed
journals, Srinivasan, 31, is the project leader of the
research group on nano-fabrication at the Centre for Nano
scale Science and Technology.
Pennathur, 33, is assistant professor of mechanical
engineering at the University of California in Santa Barbara.
Her research is focused on using fundamental fluidics
knowledge at both microscale and nanoscale to create novel
devices for practical applications.
Shroff, 29, heads the lab at the National Institute
of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, a part of the
National Institutes of Health under the Department of Health
and Human Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal