3 Indians arrested for taking private tuitions in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Three Indian teachers in Saudi Arabia have been arrested here for giving private tuitions, an illegal and punishable offence in the kingdom.
Riyadh police raided the house of three Indian teachers, employed with the International Indian School here, and found them with students gathered for private tuitions, Arab News reported today.
Mehboob Pasha from Karnataka, Mohammad Rifai from Tamil Nadu and Tauheed Ahmad Siddiquee from Uttar Pradesh were taken to the Tarheel (deportation centre) jail, it said.
Private tuition is an illegal and punishable offence in Saudi Arabia.
The school management has called for an urgent meeting over the incident. The school`s public relations officer has been asked to bail out the teachers from custody, the paper quoted sources as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister