3 Indians arrested for taking private tuitions in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Three Indian teachers in Saudi Arabia have been arrested here for giving private tuitions, an illegal and punishable offence in the kingdom.
Riyadh police raided the house of three Indian teachers, employed with the International Indian School here, and found them with students gathered for private tuitions, Arab News reported today.
Mehboob Pasha from Karnataka, Mohammad Rifai from Tamil Nadu and Tauheed Ahmad Siddiquee from Uttar Pradesh were taken to the Tarheel (deportation centre) jail, it said.
Private tuition is an illegal and punishable offence in Saudi Arabia.
The school management has called for an urgent meeting over the incident. The school`s public relations officer has been asked to bail out the teachers from custody, the paper quoted sources as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway